Announcements‎ > ‎

Big Week Coming

posted Sep 12, 2014, 11:54 AM by Frank Luzaich
Next week, we have our Back to School Night, Fun Run, and our first early release day.  We look forward to getting our families on campus again to see Edy Ridge and to hear about the 2014-15 school year.  Back to School Night begins at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, September 16 in the cafeteria.  Our whole group session will be followed by two classroom sessions led by your child's teacher.  Plan on 6:00-7:30 p.m.  Child care is available at 5:45 p.m. for families who need it.  Please email our PAC President Nicole Brutosky at edyridgewolfpac@gmail.com for more information or to register your 5-11 year old for BTSN Childcare.  

The Fun Run is our Edy Ridge Family party and the best way to support your child's school.  On Thursday, September 18, come run with us, volunteer, and support your child's teacher with pledges.  75% of the proceeds go directly to the classroom teachers for field trips, classroom parties, special projects, guest speakers, extra enrichment materials, etc.  The other 25% is used by PAC for events and enrichment for our whole school.  For the specific run times, check your child's Fun Run envelope, look on the Edy Ridge calendar our website's home page, or see below:    

On early release days, students are dismissed at 12:45 p.m. so teachers can work in collaborative teams for grade-level specific professional development.  Teachers examine data, build and re-tool instructional programs to fit standards and best practices, individualize and differentiate instruction and strategies for all kids, etc.  Our success as a school depends upon the collective critical thinking opportunities to help shape what we deliver and present to students.  Please plan ahead for the 12:45 p.m. dismissal on Friday, 9/19.
Fun Run Schedule:

7:30 to 8:15 a.m. Final Preparation

8:15 to 8:40 a.m.         Grade 4 – Bahns, Brown-Peck
8:45 to 9:10 a.m.         Grade 4 – Lehfeldt, Zumberis
9:15 to 9:40 a.m.         Grade 5 – Jackson, Moore, DeGregorio, Godfrey
9:45 to 10:10 a.m. Kindergarten – Zielsdorf, Grant-Eckart, Thomas (AM-K)
10:15 to 10:40 a.m. Grade 3 – Wilson, Walker, Hamachek, Watts, Karlson

10:45 to 11:10 a.m. Lunch

11:50 to 12:15 p.m. Kindergarten – Evonuk (PM-K)
12:20 to 12:45 p.m. Grade 2 - Paladichuk, Birch, Wade, Travnicek
12:50 to 1:15 p.m. Grade 1 – Moline, Ayres
1:20 to 1:45 p.m.         Grade 1 – Machan/Nelson, Taylor

1:45 to 2:05 p.m.         Wrap Up, Return Last Envelopes to Classrooms
Comments